Speaking & Events
In addition to regularly presenting at academic conferences, Phillippa presents at events for schools and universities, businesses, non-profits, and professional organisations. She has delivered keynote addresses, workshops, and taken part in panel discussions. She has also served as a witness for parliamentary inquiries and select committees. Phillippa is known as a passionate and engaging speaker. Her presentations are grounded in academic evidence and leave the audience with practical, actionable strategies.
- Causes, consequences and influences on body image
- Strategies to promote positive body image (online, school, community, social policy)
- Social media and body image
- Eating disorders prevention
- Appearance- and weight-based discrimination and prejudice
- The role of businesses in addressing body image and appearance diversity.
- Advertising and body image
- Working in partnership to scale up the delivery of evidence-based mental health interventions